Green Chemistry and Government Science
Business in brief: What’s going on in analytical science?
Joanna Cummings |
Collaborations and acquisitions
- Waters Corporation and Hamilton Robotics have joined forces to launch STARWorks, an assay-ready automated sample preparation system. Read More
- Waters has also worked with the National Mass Spectrometry Facility at Swansea University to develop the ACQUITY QDa Practical MS Education Package, which aims to educate undergrads in the fundamentals of mass spec. Read More
- Nightingale Health and UK Biobank have launched a major initiative to analyse 500,000 blood samples. UK Biobank’s PI said that gathering this metabolic biomarker data will provide opportunities to “benefit patient care and public health.” Read More
Company and people updates
- The UK government has appointed a new Government Chemist: Julian Braybrook, currently Director of Measurement Science at LGC and with a PhD in magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Braybook said he was “truly honored” to take on the role. Read More
- DuPont Industrial Biosciences has unveiled its renovated headquarters in Delaware, USA, as part of a $200 million upgrade. Read More
- A “Sustainable Chemistry” symposium was recently hosted by The ACS Nigeria International Chemical Sciences Chapter. Topics included sustainable industrial processes, chemical monitoring and new agrochemicals. Read More
Products and launches
- 1st Detect has announced that its TRACER 1000, a new MS-based explosives trace detector, will enter the evaluation process for ECAC, the European regulator for aviation security. Read More
- See here for a roundup of new launches at ASMS.