Safe and Sound
Business in brief: What’s going on in analytical science?
Products and launches
- B&W Tek have launched their latest handheld Raman analyzer, TacticID-1064, which they claim is capable of measuring colored, impure and darker substances. Read More
- A new ‘flash purification system’ has been released by Swedish company Biotage. Read More
- The new RenataDX screening system from Waters is an in vitro diagnostic device designed for dried blood spot analysis. Read More
- AstraZeneca is collaborating with the UK’s Medicines Discovery Catapult to speed up the adoption of Acoustic Mist Ionization Mass Spectrometry (AMI-MS) in the pharma industry. Read More
Company and people updates
- AkzoNobel’s chemicals business has been relaunched as an independent company, Nouryon, by new owners the Carlyle Group. Read More
- University of Illinois chemistry professor Renske van der Veen has been awarded the Packard Fellowship to develop ultrafast microcopy techniques. Read More
- Agilent Technologies has announced the appointment of a new senior vice president of strategy and corporate development, Eric Gerber. Read More
- Milton Lee, co-founder and chief science officer of Axcend Corporation, received the 2018 Csaba Horvath Memorial Award. Read More
After studying biology at Imperial College London, I got my start in biomedical publishing as a commissioning editor for healthcare journals, and I’ve spent my career covering everything from early-stage research to clinical medicine. Attracted by the creativity, talent and passion of the team, I joined Texere Publishing in 2014, where I’m now Associate Content Director and Editor of The Cannabis Scientist.