The Tag Team
Wei Min has pioneered a revolutionary technology for imaging chemical bonds, with broad applications in chemistry, biomedicine and energy research. Here, he summarizes his team's breakthrough discoveries.
Wei Min | | Opinion
As a postdoc, I co-invented stimulated Raman scattering (SRS) microscopy for imaging chemical bonds (1). At that time, the Raman imaging field was dominated by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (CARS) microscopy, but the high background and poor spectral fidelity of CARS meant there was a lot of “in-fighting” within the field. Rather than getting trapped in the CARS swamp, in 2008 I proposed SRS, another spectroscopic process for imaging. SRS quickly superseded CARS as the best method, and my cofirstauthored paper was cited more than 1,200 times.
Read the full article now
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Analytical Scientist’s entire content archive. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Analytical Scientist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.
- CW Freudiger et al., Science, 322, 1857 (2008).
- L Wei et al., Nature Methods, 11, 410 (2014).
- L Wei et al., Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 110, 11226 (2013).
- Y Shen et al., Proc Natl Acad Sci, 114, 13394 (2017).
- Y. Shen et al., Angew Chemie Int Ed Engl, 53, 5596 (2014).
- L Wei et al., Acc Chem Res, 49, 1494 (2016).
- JW Lichtman, W Denk, Science, 334, 618 (2011).
- L Wei et al., Nature, 544, 465 (2017).
- L Wei, W Min, J Phys Chem Lett, 9, 4294 (2018).
- F Hu et al., Nat Methods 15, 194 (2018).
- L Shi et al., Nat Commun, 9, 2995 (2018).
- K Schiessl et al., Nat Commun, 15, 10 (2019).
- PJ Jones, ST Leatherdale, Clin Sci, 80, 277 (1991).
- Q Cheng et al., Nat Commun, 9, 2942 (2018)