From Imaging to Integration
Business in brief: What’s going on in analytical science?
Joanna Cummings | | Quick Read
Products and launches
- Agilent launched the ICP-MS Water Analyzer, which aims to simplify ICP-MS analysis. Read more
- Princeton Instruments launched the SpectraPro HRS-750 – a spectrograph and monochromator that has applications in a variety of spectroscopic techniques, including Raman, LIBS and microspectroscopy. Read more
- Bruker has acquired Alicona Imaging. Alicona co-CEO Manfred Prantl said, “The Alicona InfiniteFocus, μCMM, and collaborative robot products […] combine nicely into Bruker’s growing family of application-enabling technologies.” Read more
- A new collaboration between IntegraGen SA and Google Cloud will integrate IntegraGen’s advanced genomic analysis tools, SIRIUS™ and MERCURY™ into the Google Cloud Platform. Read more
Company and people updates
- Merck has agreed to establish an “innovation hub” in Guangzhou City, China. The hub will facilitate collaboration between companies and academic institutions, as well as showcase Merck’s research and products. Read more
- Livia Eberlin, co-developer of the MasSpec Pen, has been named one of the five Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Moore Inventor Fellows. Each fellow receives USD$825,000 over three years to fund innovative research. Read more
- The Society for Applied Spectroscopy Gold Medal Award (New York and New Jersey section) has been presented to Igor Lednev, professor at the University at Albany, for his spectroscopic work in the forensic field. Read more
- Shire PLC’s Facility Integration Project has been awarded “Facility of the Year” by the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering. Read more
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Analytical Scientist’s entire content archive. It’s FREE and always will be!
Login if you already created an account
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Analytical Scientist magazine