Petrochemical Analysis with Newly Developed, Specialized GC Column
This Webinar is now available on Demand ...
sponsored by Agilent Technologies
Two independent challenges face petrochemical analysis: PLOT column particle “shedding” and bleed from thick film polydimethylsiloxane columns in sulfur analysis. Discover how two recently developed, specialized columns from Agilent Technologies counter these issues to offer gains in reproducibility, efficiency, and sensitivity.
1) PLOT column particle shedding can cause detector spikes, instrument or column flow restriction, and plugging of switching valves. Integrated particle trap technology at each end of one continuous length of fused silica capillary solves these common issues.
2) Thick film polydimethylsiloxane phases are commonly used for analysis of sulfur compounds using Sulfur Chemiluminescence Detection (SCD). However, the inherent bleed of such columns can contribute to rapid fouling of SCD ceramic reaction tubes, resulting in a decline in sensitivity and the need for frequent detector maintenance. A new column, optimized specifically for use with SCD, enhances stability for improved results and increased instrument uptime.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discover integrated particle-trapping technology for PLOT GC columns and understand the benefits
- Learn how a new column designed to improve SCD stability can extend the life of sulfur detector ceramic reaction tubes.
- Profit from a review of applications that demonstrate improved capability.
Agilent Technologies Inc is dedicated to provide leading GC solutions for analysts around the world.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Analytical Scientist site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Analytical Scientist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.